Re: Lightweight sub-atomic hair particles

To: bloring@tirerack.com
Subject: Re: Lightweight sub-atomic hair particles
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 11:51:16 EDT
In a message dated 7/31/00 10:35:04 AM Central Daylight Time,
bloring@tirerack.com writes:

<< The non-drive wheels are being rotated by the ground, at the largest
 diameter of the wheel/tire. This is generally a longer lever arm than any
 rotating part in the engine, isn't it? So all other considerations aside for
 the moment, isn't the non-drive wheel "easier" to rotate than the drive
 wheel, because it has a longer lever arm? Am I making any sense at all?

No.

for all practical purposes, and all else being equal, the drive and non-drive
wheel inertia is the same.  The numbers we're talking about here are small,
and the diff resulting in direct vs indirect influence is only a fraction of
that, ie way smaller still.

Relatively speaking, I don't why you should worry about splitting sub-atomic
hair particles; I'd worry more about driving the car to it's current
potential...and possibly take a few physics classes to boot.

Sipe