Re: CRX HF tire recommendations?

To: "Shumaker, Shawn" <shumakes@BATTELLE.ORG>
Subject: Re: CRX HF tire recommendations?
From: CRX FANATIC <kzt9g1@tpc.natp.gmeds.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 12:03:16 -0400
I raced on BFG Comp T/A R1s, 185/60-13s on 13x5 Honda alloys. They stuck
well and lasted a long time on my 87 CRX DX.
I tried Kumho 205/60-13s, but didn't like them near as much. They're
just too pinched on the 5 inch rim.

Try and find a set of 13x5 factory alloys. There are a couple styles and
they weight about 8-10 lbs each, depending on style. The easiest to find
will be the 85 CRX Si rims. Also excellent are the 92-95 Civic
VX alloys, they look like little Mugen rims. Old Preludes had 13 inch
rims back in the mid 80s, too. I know where some old Lude 13x5s are for
sale in MI if you're interested.

Steve G
87 CRX DX, CSP