Re: Kumho 712???

To: "Jeff Lloyd" <Jeff@cyberconceptz.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Kumho 712???
From: "JJ Cassa" <jj@cassainternet.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 21:57:59 -0700
Well... I have the 711's on my Subaru Impreza 2.5RS and can tell you that
they felt very skatey during my runs yesterday at our local Autocross in
Colorado.  I don't know if I was running to high a pressure (47F/40R) or the
surface was crap but they were sliding all over the place.  They rolled bad
at 42/39 in the fronts, 45/42 showed no roll at all, but still some push.
Maybe next event I will try like 44/39 or something like that.  Overall for
the money they are a great tire and have weared pretty well after 6 events,
2 drivers schools and 3,000 miles of street use along with 39 laps at a
local road course, and I still have maybe 50%-60% tread left.   When I
bought them, I emailed Kumho telling them what I was going to do with the
tires and they wrote me back saying the 711 was better dry-traction, the 712
was better wet-traction. Just my observations, take them for what they are
worth.  BTW, the Bridgestone RE730's are supposed to be even better than the
Kumho's, but a little more pricey.

JJ Cassa
STS Rookie 26