Re: BSM/SM2

To: Jeff Lloyd <Jeff@cyberconceptz.com>
Subject: Re: BSM/SM2
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 22:32:43 -0400
Jeff Lloyd wrote:
> making any tire that fits is ok makes the light cars faster and the
> heavy cars slower

Why?  You think you can fit a 315 on on 11" rim under the fender of a
Miata?

> And without the luxury of multiple SM classes you cannot just move the
> car So you NEED a way to allow the FSP fieros with turbo's and quad
> fours a level playing field with the Lotii and Miatii

I disagree.  Some cars won't be the fast cars.  That's the nature of a
very open class like SM.

> And you as well as I know those light cars can fit the same sized
> tires as the heavier ones...

See above.  I don't believe this for a minute.  How big a tire do you
think you can actually fit on an Elan without modifying the stock
fender?  I don't think you can get a 225 under there.  And I doubt you
can go much bigger than 225 on a Miata -- I'm not even sure a 225 will
fit on a wide rim.

Mark