Re: was: catch-all classe now BSM/SM2 can we also take a vote on a

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: was: catch-all classe now BSM/SM2 can we also take a vote on a
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 22:03:50 -0500

Jeff Lloyd wrote:

> Appendix k
> Section C
> Subset 5
> Page 264 of the 2000 rulebook
>
> "The firewall, roof, doors, rear quarter panels, floor pan, trunk lid must
> remain stock
> holes may be drilled to allow the attachment of body kits, specifically
> allowing
> replacement hoods, fenders, wings, front and rear facias, and side skirits
>
> so they are limited in the rear..  I don't think that cuts it.

But the SP rules, which are part of the SM rules, allow "fenders and
bumpers" to be modified for tire clearance as well as the installation of
fender flares.

So, as I read this, your rear quarters must be stock in that they cannot be
replaced.  But, as in SP, the fenders can be flared.

Where's Dennis when you need him?

--
Loren Williams | Loren@kscable.com
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca