Re: DSMs legality (was The Ultimate I-Class)

To: "Mr. DSM" <MrDSM@excite.com>
Subject: Re: DSMs legality (was The Ultimate I-Class)
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 11:46:40 -0400
"Mr. DSM" wrote:

> >  I didn't think the DSM could legally get enough boost to compete with
> >  the American V8. How much HP does he make? Or perhaps it was raining?!?
> >
> >  Paul Foster
>
> I was wandering whether you do this just for fun or because it is you and
> you just can't help it. If it is the first one, I could understand it,
> barely. The second one is beyond the help.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

> But, I will entertain you here one more time. First, thanks for putting all
> the top DSMs into the illegal bunch. Saying that only way to run with
> American V8s is to have illegal boost is pretty stupid. What do you know
> about legality or illegality of the DSMs? What is the "illegal boost" for
> the ESP DSM?

Please reread the sentence again and tell me how I am stating that all
the DSMs, particularly yours, are illegal? I am only stating that it is
very easy to cheat with turbo cars. I have one and I run into that
problem at every PCA club race. And that is why turbo cars are banned
from SCCA club racing. If that is news to you, you are either very
disengenuous or very naive.

> I can tell you this. If you take either one of the top 2G DSMs and install
> the best super-duper boost controller that exist, you will make somewhere up
> to 275 HP with those cars around 6k RPMs. No matter what kind of boost you
> try to run, that is going to be the top. The stock turbo is just too small
> for any more power, and there is no legal way to make more power than that.
> If you would port that little thing, install bigger wheels in there, than
> you will get something else with much more power (talk to DG about that kind
> of turbo).

That's all I wanted to know. Thanks so much for your kind response.

> So, cut your crap regarding the DSMs and let them alone. If you think that
> DSMs are not competitive in ESP, than write a letter to the SEB and let them
> know that decision to disallow turbo backdates was a wrong idea. Or, just
> shut up and find some other cars/drivers to harass.

Cut your ridiculous attitude. It is my opinion that the DSM is not
competitive in ESP unless it is raining. If you think that is harassment
you are one sick puppy.

Paul Foster