growth

To: <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Subject: growth
From: "James Rogerson" <jwalter@ptra.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 14:28:12 -0500
I don't think Nationals growth and new participants at the regional level are
mutually exclusive, nor does one necessarily drive the other.  This medium, the
internet, makes it easy for individuals to search for car competition sources
and find a similar but new outlet.  Additionally, the net aware autocross
groups spread the wonders of Nationals and in doing so produces the desire of
others, not normally inclined, to join in that participation.

In Texas and Louisiana, it's been my observation, that most of the new off the
street attendees fit the street mod mold much closer than they do any SP
classification.  Some of these attendees stay and assume our standards (SP),
others stay and maintain their iconoclastic ST/SM position.  As we dinosaurs
move on, the new breed will change the bureaucracy from within.  It's just
progressive change fostered by socio-economic trends, which we cannot control
and shouldn't waste too much effort trying to do so.

Join conecrazy.com, become a mentor.

James Rogerson
[FP #125] - Techless Racing
"Nails are glue, hypothetically speaking" - Lou Fertile
"Men that like golf are unhappy at home and incapable of having a meaningful
relationship with women" - Joseph Heller

The census records were used in 1941-2 to identify, abduct and imprison
innocent Japanese Americans. Be sure to fill out yours.  Trust them.