RE: some driving tips

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: some driving tips
From: miket <miket@interaccess.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 00 10:41:05 -0500
I agree with Gary M. and (often) take it even one step further.  As I walk and
re-walk the course and (hopefully) figure out how to drive it, I talk to
myself telling me the important things to do, especially stressing the problem
areas I usually have and parts of teh course that are very inportant to get
correct.  In the end I have a little (or big) speach that  I repeat to myself
when driving the course.  After each run I analyze the run before getting out
of the car and modify the speach accordingly - therby "evolving" the speach
before each run.  I also include things I did well so I don't screw them up,
especially if there is a danger of charging to hard into a corner that I got
right on a previous run.

Another visualization technique I sometimes use is to picture the "correct"
line as a ribbon laid down on the course.  When driving all I need to do is
follow mental picture of the ribbon on the course. It helps me minimize
straying from the proper line due to brain fade...

It seems to work for me - whatever that means!

Mike Taylor

>===== Original Message From GSMnow@aol.com =====
>For some reason I can never do it at big events, too much on my mind or
>something, but when we have a smaller event, and especially when I take a
>passenger (newbie) on a run, I talk out the course and it feels like I am
>going so slow, but the time is one of my best runs. Since I am describing
>what I will be doing, I am ready for it and it just happens that much better,
>without ever getting behind or being supprized.
>
>Gary M.
>
>.

Mike Taylor
miket@interaccess.com