Re: Illegal tire warming???

To: Hottvr@aol.com
Subject: Re: Illegal tire warming???
From: Albert Cram <acram@home.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2000 23:43:50 -0500
--------------BFFF631C5865D6A65AC64ED0

Carrol Smith says that the wiggle doesn't warm the tires anyway.  I
think that it can help get the big rocks off the front tires sometimes.
If you want to warm the tires just drag the brakes medium hard all the
way to the staging line.  It can help a little.

Al Cram
Old Duffer Racing

Hottvr@aol.com wrote:

> Today I was accused of illegally warming my tires on the way from the grid to
> the  starting line. I was just wiggling the car  from side to side to clean
> the tires.
> This was at a local two day event in Kansas City. The funny thing about it
> was that the others in my class made no mention of it. I was told by the
> event chair that if I
> did the "wiggle" on the way to the start that I would be DSQed from the event.
> Of course in true Mike B. fashion the event chair was told to "Get a life"
> and that this
> was total BS. As usual I had the onboard tape running and the entire incident
> was captured on video. My question to the list is this. What is "Tire
> Warming"???
> Is the wiggle on the way to the starting line illegal???? I didn't do it on
> my last run
> just to make sure that I had no further problems. Anyone have an opinion? I
> guess
> thats a pretty stupid question?????? Right.
>
> Mike B.
--------------BFFF631C5865D6A65AC64ED0
 name="acram.vcf"

begin:vcard