Re: wrecks

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: wrecks
From: "Jamie Sculerati" <jamies@mrj.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 22:58:45 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: Mike Clarke <mcmustang@hotmail.com>

> 1980, 1976 Mustang II vs 1970 Volkswagen Beetle - Driving through Bozeman,
> Montana, snow covered road early Sunday morning.  All the lights flashing
> yellow for us in the Mustang, the Bug runs a red light, we play bumper
cars
> on the ice.  Hit the Bug on the driver's front wheel at about 30 mph.  No
> injuries.  The 17 year-old girl driving the Bug had driven it four blocks
> from the repair shop where it had been for four months being repaired from
> similar accident.  Mustang driveable, VW not ever again.

That reminds me of something that happened to an old roommate about 20 years
ago.   This guy drove a VW bus, which meant, of course, that when entering a
freeway, you picked your space to merge into traffic and began accelerating
at the top of the ramp.  So he was headed down a freeway on-ramp one
afternoon --  checked ahead, just one car, almost at the end of the ramp.
Looked away to pick his space and floored it.  Looked forward again, and the
car ahead of him had *stopped* at the end of the on-ramp...of course, he hit
it.  A girl came flying out of the car, screaming:  "Look what you've done!
This isn't even my car -- mine's being fixed because this same thing
happened to me last week!"   Slow learner, I guess.

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si (accelerates better than a VW bus)
Speed Demon Racing
http://www.mindspring.com/~jsculerati/sdr