Re: Nurbergring the Ruf Way

To: <Rob_LaMoreaux@compuserve.com>, <ax-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Nurbergring the Ruf Way
From: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 08:42:18 -0500
<<<Nice video. Too bad the guy isn't a good enough driver for his car. >>>

LOL! My guess is that it's a Ruf promo video and most of their customers
like to drive that way (or wish they could anyway).

<<<I sure am glad he wasn't there the day I drove a rental Diesel Fiat
Station wagon around.  >>>

The difference between the Germans and the Americans seems to be a matter of
Social Darwinism at it's best. I like the idea of autobahns. I like the idea
of staying out of the left lane when you aren't passing. I like the idea
that the problem with those who don't usually corrects itself. Besides, the
other people sharing the track with him didn't seem to mind.

<<<I bet my friend Ulrich could do better times in his daily commuter, but
since he needs the car every day he hasn't driven it around the track even
though he is less than 2 hours away. Of course he has the advantage of less
weight, shorter shifter, and at least as good of handling. Half the weight
and half the horse with a better driver, his Elise should do about the same
or better times.>>>

I seriously doubt your friend's Elise could be that Ruf turbo even with
Michael Schumaker at the wheel of the Elise.

Paul Foster