Re: [Fwd: Importing a (competition) car to the US]

To: "Reijo Silvennoinen" <rase@telusplanet.net>,
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Importing a (competition) car to the US]
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 23:24:55 -0600
From: Reijo Silvennoinen <rase@telusplanet.net>

>Lance is a local member of the Calgary Sports Car Club and may be moving to
the
>US of A for work.  He has a '91 Turbo MR2 and is wondering about importing
it to
>the US - anyone else done that with an MR2 specifically?
>
>...However, a competition-only car may be
>a different deal - I'm sure people bring competition cars to the US all the
time

You can bring just about anything into the USA if you swear, in writing,
that it is a race car and will never be driven on the public roads.  U S
Customs should have the proper forms.  I wouldn't play games with this.
Defrauding the Federal government could possibly get you an all-expense-paid
trip to Kansas.

"It makes a nice noise when it goes faster"
- 4-year-old Adam, upon seeing a bitmap of Grandma Susie's TR4.