Re: Subject: No Autox on TV please

To: Benjamin D Thatcher <bthatch@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Subject: No Autox on TV please
From: Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 08:44:01 -0700
        Do you require membership?
        At first it seems not the most friendly and welcoming thing to do, but
once the membership requirement (in our case, you must have the
membership card in hand) is implemented, it does cut down, especially
among those who want to screw around. The ones who are members really
WANT to be there. The attitudes of all are far better, and the events
run more smoothly because everyone's a member of the same club.
Camaraderie is better.
        Entry levels? Instead of 280, we had 217 last Sunday, and that was with
2 competing organizations putting on events. Because of Golden Gate
Fields site requirements, we couldn't start until 10 a.m., finished by
4:30, and had plenty of time for fun runs at the end.
--Pat Kelly