RE: Bridget Jones, our Hero

To: "'Hottvr@aol.com'" <Hottvr@aol.com>, soundtire@email.msn.com,
Subject: RE: Bridget Jones, our Hero
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 10:31:33 -0700
Michael B. writes...

>What are you talking about????? I must have missed something? Who is
Bridget
>Jones. Who is Daniel Cleavers???

You're just going to have to get out and see "Bridget Jones's Diary," out in
theatres now, my friend. Renee Zelweger (??), an American actress, does a
wicked British accent, though it seems to me she talks a bit slow. I only
say that because she was the only one I could understand completely. This
hardly detracts from the film (understanding her, that is. She says very
many funny things). She also put on some pounds to look abnormally human. I
mean, abnormally, relative to how we're used to seeing her (stick with flesh
attached). I was very surprised by the casting of Renee Z., as I read the
book, and thought only an English actress could completely understand the
intracacies of such zaniness, but Renee Z. hits it right on the head. She's
wonderful.

There's a good car scene in the middle, with a Ford Focus skating on snow. I
highly recommend it. Plus, all the good guys and girls win! Daniel Cleaver
is the evil protagonist in the film, thinly disguised as a charmer, when we
all know, deep down, he is nothing more than a sleazy, self-centered, snooty
sod, and I KNOW you all know what I'm talking about, ladies! Bridget Jones
could kick his butt in any car race, I'll bet you that much.

There aren't any car races in this film. I'm just extrapolating.

Katie K.