Re: More Driven drivel

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More Driven drivel
From: JonesMB <jonesmb@arthem.com>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 11:33:50 -0500
I don't know why so many people are surprised at the technical flaws in
Driven.  Hollywood always bends the truth and reality to make movies more
entertaining.

Any car person knows that half the scenes in car movies are fake.  The rest
think they are cool.

Ask someone who knows about sharks and they will tell you all the fake
parts in Deep Blue Sea.  Since I don't know anything about sharks (except
that they will eat me if I piss them off) I missed all the fake parts and
found the movie somewhat entertaining.

It is the same in movies with computers.  When was the last time you saw a
real computer screen with huge letters saying "enter your password" or
"saving files to floppy" or one that allowed you to back your entire hard
drive to a floppy disk.  None of these things happen, yet they do this all
the time in movies.

Hollywood almost always exaggerates in movies, otherwise it would be a
documentary.

I wonder how the "Fast and the Furious", the movie about SM :-) is gonna
turn out

jmb