Subject: Re: Tow Vehicle Question

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Subject: Re: Tow Vehicle Question
From: PbPied@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 17:01:38 EDT
Excuse the interruption, but all the responses so far seem to forget
that Stuart is in Europe.

Don't know your budget, but there must be some more robust
vehicles in use there than regular sedans.  Recent BMW or Mercedes
SUV's would be up to the task as would Toyota's Land Cruiser,
particularly if you were able to locate a truly lightweight trailer.
I am not familiar with which US vehicles are available there, but
most of the ones popular here could do what you need.

Here in the States, I'd buy a "Trailex" if cost were not an option.
generally more than twice the price of the steel trailers, but well
under half the weight.  I used to tow my 2600# Colt Turbo on one,
and the entire package came in at a bit above 3100#.

Alan Sheidler

Orig. message.....