Intro: Evolution/Kumho Team Challenge

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Intro: Evolution/Kumho Team Challenge
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 22:23:28 EDT
<<The memo below is from Jean Kinser @ Evolution Performance Driving School,
proud sponsor of the 2001 SCCA SEDiv Solo2 Championship Series, posted to
Team.net by me.  If you have a problem with this post please email me
personally, just don't expect any sympathy  :-)  Additional SEDiv Solo2
Series info is available at:

http://www.eec.com/sediv

Mark Sipe
SEDiv Solo2 Steward>>

This is going out to introduce the first of what we hope to become part of
some series across the country.  The Evolution Performance Driving
School/Kumho Tire Team Challenge Event.  This is an event that is happening
alone or inside another event.  The first one scheduled will be the Perry, GA
SouthEast Divisional being held August 25-26.  This is an event that will
have a big money payout for the top 10 teams.

Evolution and Kumho will be combining together to present a type of
competition that will hopefully encourage new friendships, more women to get
involved, and a new type of event to maybe will back some decent money.  It
will also get entrants some much wanted seat time by many people to play for
a day before the big event.
Here's how it is going to work-

For an additional team entry fee of $150.00 a team of 3 or 4  people will
enter the event already scheduled for Saturday and Sunday.  (we have yet to
determine if we will do 3 or 4 people on a team)  This team will take their
times from the event and take the best time for each day and get a total time
for each individual on the team, then get their indexed time.  combine each
person's total time for the event as figured on index to add together for a
total team time.  The top 10 teams will be get a money payback.  Here are a
few of the rules-
1.  Each team will have a rookie with 2 years experience or less.
2.  Each team will have a female on the team.
3.  Each team will include a car other than a stock car for indexing.
4.  A person can be entered on 2 teams but their time for the event counts
the same for both teams.

Here's what the $150 will get you besides the chance to win back some GOOD
money-those entering the Team Challenge will have a practice session on
Friday to run unlimited on a course from like 9-3.  In addition, Evolution
Performance Driving School is planning to possibly hold a school on Friday
for those who might be looking to improve.

PRIZE MONEY PAYOUT-
Evolution and Kumho will be putting in the pot to start $1,500.  All entry
money will go forth into this pot to make one big pool to payout from.  All
payouts will be decided by the amount of entries.  For example-if say 10
teams enter, payout will look like something like this

1st-$600
2nd-$500
3rd-$400
4th $350
5th-$300
6th-$250
7th-$200
8th-$175
9th-$150
10th-$100

So, at 9th place, that team could still get their entry back for the
challenge plus get all day Friday to play and practice.  We also might add to
the payout that any ALL Kumho tire placing team in the Challenge will get an
additional $100.00.

We hope this will encourage some new participation, some new females to get
involved, some new friendships to take place by picking some novices to get
involved and take them under the wing of sorts.  It also adds some new
excitement and a different type of twist to competition.

We have yet to determine how many on a team, but that will be coming soon.  I
wanted to get this out there to you all so you can have the chance to hook up
with  some people, spread the word.  We'd like for this to develop into a
series for regions all over of maybe 3 events for the year and then have a
"National event" sometime at the end of the year, with an even bigger turn
out.  Maybe if it becomes a series of it's own, we might add some classes to
make it more alluring to the import crowd to take part. I am hoping we will
see many co-drivers working together and splitting expenses for this as you
can actually have 3 people on the team in the same car with 2 males and a
female.

And for those of you already conjuring up your plan of who will be on the
team and ways to fill requirements with one person...only 2 requirements can
be filled with one person.  Meaning, a person can be a rookie and in a
prepared car say, but not a female who is a rookie in a prepared car, then
the 2 other people are multiple national champions drivers....Sorry!!!!   I
see $$$ in people's eyes on this one, so this is going to be a bit more
challenging.  Thus I think making it more rewarding to all involved.

Please spread this to any list you can think of and tell them to check the
website for additional news and info as it becomes a reality.  I've had this
idea and wanted to do it, and now with the help of the Southeast Divisional
series, plus Kumho this will really happen.

More to come!

Jean Kinser Dana
Owner Evolution Performance Driving School
http://autocross.com/evolution
407-889-7207