Re: Free BMW autox in St. Louis, No scales

To: pylon@pylon.cc, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Free BMW autox in St. Louis, No scales
From: David K Yeung <dkyeung@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 09:12:10 -0500
I've been to a couple of these when they came to Houston just so I could
drive the new 3-series aggressively. The driving instructors were all
very nice and knew how to work the crowd. They were primarily instructors
from some of the different renowned driving schools (Skip Barber,
Bondurant, etc). The events are alot of fun and a good chance to drive a
new bimmer on an auto-x type setting. The course was very short,tight
and pretty much in first gear only but still fun.  I definitely recommend
doing it if you have the opportunity and time. Also take non autoxers who
might be interested. There is so much less intimidation at these things
since most of the other participants are regular joe drivers.  It could
be a good way to introduce them to spirited driving.

Dave Yeung
Houston Region

On Mon, 14 May 2001 08:22:49 -0500 "CJ at Pylon.CC" <pylon@pylon.cc>
writes:
> There is a free BMW ultimate driving experience in St. Louis, St.
> Charles to be exact, June 21-24 at the Family Arena.  Basically
> you sign up for a timeslot one day of the four and choose a car.
> Choose from the 330xi (all wheel drive 3 series), 530I and the X5.
> You get a classroom session, and then driving time.
>
> They have professional drivers... wonder who, I think I could make
> out Howard in one of the pictures in the brochure.  They sent out
> invites, but you don't need one, anyone over 21 with a valid DL can
> go.
>
> More info can be found at http://www.solo2.org/news.html
> http://www.bmwusa.com/  or call 1-800-956-4269 to register.
> Registration opened this morning at 7:30am central time.  This is
> not an SCCA event, and is in no way affiliated with Solo2.org
>
> -Chris
> I don't believe there will be any scales at the event.
>
> www.solo2.org
>

> http://www.pylon.cc/
> Pylon.CC Racing Forums
> Technical Articles - Photo Gallery