Re: TN SEDiv Solo2 Event #1 Location Update

To: TeamZ3@aol.com
Subject: Re: TN SEDiv Solo2 Event #1 Location Update
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 18:44:01 EDT
SEDiv Solo2 competitors,

The first event of the Evolution Performance Driving Schools SCCA SEDiv Solo2
Championship Series will be held on June 16-17, 2001 in Murfreesboro, TN.
However, the original site location at the Nashville Superspeedway proved to
be unacceptable so we now have a new site location for this event.  The new
site is the Twin Fountains Go Kart Track located about 15 miles south of
Murfreesboro.  The site has excellent access off of I-24 via US Hwy 231; a
4-lane divided highway.  It also has very nice facilities; real bathrooms,
bleacher viewing area, on-site eatery/concession area that will serve both
breakfast (your cost) and lunch (free to all competitors compliments of
Evolution), as well as offering pay-as-you-go snacks, drinks, etc. throughout
the day.

The smooth asphalt course area will consist of a gently banked oval kart
track with a linking road course section.  The road course area is slightly
tight and narrow, but certainly acceptable and within SCCA safety
regulations.  Be forewarned that two wheels fully-off in the grass will be
scored as a DNF.  At yesterday's event Jerry Onks set FTD in his BSP Corvette
with a time of 54 seconds, so expect a course run time in the 45 - 55 second
range.  The grid area is also paved asphalt, but the majority of the
parking/paddock area is crushed stone so please come prepared with boards for
your floor jacks and jack stands, etc.  Otherwise there is plenty of parking
for everyone.

The official event hotel is the Hampton Inn located at 2230 Armory Drive,
Murfreesboro, TN off of I-24 Exit No. 78, (615) 896-1172, $69/night, 40 rooms
on reserve until May 25, mention SCCA when making reservation.  Alternates:
Red Roof Inn - (615) 893-0104, Sleep Inn - (615) 396-3000, Comfort Inn -
(615) 890-2811.  Unfortunately, there is a go kart race Friday evening, so
the welcome party, registration check-in, tech, etc. will all take place at
the event hotel instead.  You may be able to drop your rig and/or camp
on-site (no hook-ups) Friday evening if you get there before the gates are
locked.

This divisional event will be conducted per the SCCA National Solo Rulebook
and supplemental event regulations.  It is each & every competitor's
responsibility to both meet and maintain the safety standards and practices
specified therein.  Failing to meet or follow the safety standards will
preclude an entrant and/or vehicle from competing in the event.  On-site
registration, etc. is available at the SEDiv Solo2 website:

http://www.eec.com/sediv

We are still in the process of updating the website info relative to the
event location change, so please disregard any information about the previous
Nashville Superspeedway site until such time as the revisions are completed.
To get to the new site location; Twin Fountains Go Kart Track, go to I-24
Exit 81 and take US Hwy 231 south towards Shelbyville.  The site is
approximately 15 miles on the right.  I would recommend getting fueled up at
one of the many gas stations at the I-24/US Hwy 231 interchange before coming
to the site, but there are gas stations located in Shelbyville, TN approx.
5-10 miles south of the site if you get in a jam.

Thanks for your patience and I look forward to seeing you all at the event.

Mark Sipe
SEDiv Solo2 Steward