Tino's BMW recovery

To: autox@us.ibm.com
Subject: Tino's BMW recovery
From: "James Laukaitis" <jim5@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 10:49:51 -0400
Tino,
     Saw the stuff on the ax-digest about your car. All I can say is
congrats on the recovery! I will bet that this was no "just by chance
happening". Someone was definitely eyeballing your car, probably for a long
time. And found the right opportunity. My brother's '84 Supra was broken
into and they stole all the manuals. He couldnt believe it at the time and
thought maybe someone was playing a trick until one night he came home with
the plan to go out again, went to the bathroom sat down to wait for a phone
and fell asleep. He is pretty sure the can was unlocked. They took it. It
was found a few days later. Frame and rear end, thats it. Everything else
stripped.
     Anyway the point is nothing is secure. Any suspect your car has been
tampered with, it probably has and there is a chance they are coming back.
Secure it however you can. You never know.

Jim L
2000 Maxima SE 5spd (3%)
email: jim5@us.ibm.com
"my karma ran over your dogma"