RE: Squeaky Swaybars

To: wickedlou9@yahoo.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Squeaky Swaybars
From: Charlie Mathews <cmathews@theramp.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 08:15:41 -0500
I used Mobil Synthetic grease and never had a problem again.  The
stuff's super slick and would not wash off.

Charlie Mathews

Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 21:01:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: Louis Gallinaro <wickedlou9@yahoo.com>
Subject: Squeaky Swaybars

So I have had a set of ST Sway bars on my accord for about a year now.
They have Eurathane bushings, so they squeak ALOT.  And I am talking
alot.  Grease helps temporarily but eventualyl all the grease gets
worked out and they begin squeaking again, especially after it rains
and they get wet.   I have tried anti-seize lube, and white lithium
grease, but to no avail.  the only thing I tried that sort of worked
was to put washers under the brackets which hold the bushings on, so
they were not being squeezed so hard. While this last solution seemd to
get some results, they still squeaked a little, and I didnt feel
comfortable with the bars not being held on as securely as they could
be.  I imagine all you auto crossers have come across this problem once
or twice... Any suggestions?

- -Lou