Re: SCCA HQ

To: "INTERNET:TeamZ3@aol.com" <TeamZ3@aol.com>
Subject: Re: SCCA HQ
From: "K.C. Babb" <73110.574@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 21:27:30 -0400
Mark -
  Thanks for your input, but my "backup" of the original post
is based on concern about the "long-term vision" to have
the Runoffs and Solo II Nationals co-located with the
Office.  It is not right to make the Left Coast people drive
several hundred miles farther to attend the National
events, year after year.  I was always appalled that the
Runoffs were in Atlanta for so long, not that Mid-Ohio is a
whole lot better.
  Mid-country is best for the S.C.C. of AMERICA.  Maybe
not if the A stood for the Atlantic, Alabama, or Atlanta.
But the west-of-the-Rockies people count for something
too.  And you don't hear them calling for the HQ and major
events to be in Boise (which would be roughly equivalent;
figure out how far you'd have to drive).
  I suppose if there's a long-term commitment in writing
to keep the Solo II Nationals mid-country, I'd be at least a
bit pacified.  But only a little.  I've watched good and bad
Staff come and go through Solo, and don't want to see big
changes again real soon.  Turnover would be a big concern
for me.