Indy 500--the new CART all-star race

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Indy 500--the new CART all-star race
From: "David Shreve" <ls1_1le@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 12:32:43 -0400
The Indy 500 has become the CART all-stars race.  Tony wanted to create a
'low cost' series.  What he did was create a high dollar minor league
open-wheel series, but he wasn't smart enough to keep the pro's out of it so
IRL drivers could win.

I used to watch the Indy 500 every year.  Now I find something else to do,
like autocrossing.  I drove further yesterday to go to a regional autocross
event than I would have if I had gone to the 500.

The inability of IRL to produce an Indy 500 winner is really amusing to me,
on the level with the prototypes inability to win the Rolex 24 at Daytona.

-dave