Re: Safety statistics

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Safety statistics
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 16:51:47 EDT
Rocky writes:

> The BMW rollo that resulted in the broken arm was Erik Strelnieks, and for
> the record, it happened in the Pro Solo the weekend prior, not at the
> Nationals. He was on the left course and rolled it in the final turn just

Yes, the tail started wagging through the final slalom (he had been loose
there every run) and made the right turn at the crest of the rise just before
the finish lights, and bottomed out the suspension as he settled down after
the rise, which tripped the car.  I remember it vividly, as I was the starter
for that group.

> I forget the name of the guy who rolled the Bimmer at Nationals. What I
> remember is that it was the South Course at Salina and I was sitting
> watching it while waiting for final results becuase it was the last runs of

I remember it as the North course, through an ess curve, also over a ridge
line.  I believe it was Patrick Demorais.

CHD