Re: New Class Philosophy

To: "Jeff Cashmore" <cashmo@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: New Class Philosophy
From: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 12:09:58 -0500
> I believe David Pearson won ES in 1997(?) with a 91 SC but I'm not sure
how
> that car compares to yours.

He had "prototype" shocks on that car I think.  I remember him being pretty
fast in it at the time.

> > Regarding the Neon it comes down to this.  Pre-2000 results show it'll
beat
> everything going to the new GS.  Do you piss off the current Neon owners
or
> all of the other cars going to GS?  Which group is bigger?  Perhaps the
> Neon's had it's "day in the sun" just like the SS RX7 owners.

I wouldn't argue with your assesment, but the only thing that bothers me is
that the classes appear to be "themed".  Someone mentioned that DS is
supposed to be the "factory tuner" class, whatever that means.  It would
seem then that performance is not the overriding factor here, but type and
class of car is.  What is the real basis of classing now?????  We have seen
the listings, but not the philosophy behind each proposed class.  Can
someone describe the classes in words?

Patrick Washburn
C-Tech Trailer Cabinets
Designed for the Racer