Re: What WE can do to help (off topic)

To: kwenzel@rmsolo.org, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What WE can do to help (off topic)
From: Hottvr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 21:06:40 EDT
In a message dated 9/11/01 7:28:10 PM Central Daylight Time,
kwenzel@rmsolo.org writes:

<< The Red Cross is recommending that that people wishing to donate blood
 call:

 1-800-GIVE-LIFE

 to make an appointment for a blood bank in your local area.  Response to
 this event has apparently been *strong* (this is a very good thing), so
 calling first to make an appointment/get instructions is probably a good
 idea.

 --
 Kevin Wenzel
 kwenzel@rmsolo.org

I came back from Topeka today. Local blood banks(Kansas City) are asking
people to wait to donate. They were swamped today and could'nt handle the
volume of people who wanted to donate. The Red Cross is telling people that
the shelf life of
blood is only 46 days. They realize that most people who can, want to help but
stated that this crissis has just begun. There will be a greater need for
blood in the next week or two. Call them and ask in the next few days. We all
may be in for a long haul as a nation this time.

I watched the video tonight from New York. I'm very depressed. I just don't
know what to say?

Mike B. 99cm