RE: Shock adjustment access rule

To: Bruce Wentzel <greendotracing@netzero.net>, autox
Subject: RE: Shock adjustment access rule
From: "Burns, James B." <James.Burns@jhuapl.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 13:15:04 -0400
The wording "a hole may be drilled in an interior body panel" does seem
restrictive.  Is a panel in the trunk an interior body panel?  How about in
the engine compartment?  What about carpet and sound deadening material?  It
would also seem fair to allow a small hole to be drilled in each engine side
cover on an MR2, but that's not an interior panel.  Or what if you wanted to
do something more cosmetically appealing than drilling a hole, like making a
hinged cover or flap?  I guess we should have written a letter when the rule
was first proposed.

Brad Burns