Re: Recognition for some good folks in Topeka

To: "Richard Atkins" <richarda@npclabels.com>,
Subject: Re: Recognition for some good folks in Topeka
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 02:16:34 -0500
As one who is in Topeka somewhat frequently for automotive stuff, what
Richard says about smaller towns and the Midwest is largely true. Had some
occasion myself to enjoy some of the same helpfulness.

Of course, like all generalizations, there are the notable exceptions. I'll
pass along one. Texaco station up on Wanamaker just northwest of the motel
complex, north side of the 435 bypass. If you are in desperate need of help,
go someplace else. ANYplace else! They are mainly a truck place (semis) and
really do not want to work on anything but trucks.

I have looked to them for help twice.  Both times I cooled my heels for
hours. Once I got incompetent help (they could not put a wheel bearing on
properly; that was the night my 5-hour trip took 17 hours after we gave up,
nursed our crippled car 100 miles home near midnight, got the tow van and
drove it on our trip). The other I got no help (next day I got the help I
needed from an O'Reilly parts store).

--Rocky