The Announcement Last Tuesday

To: "Evolution-Discussions (E-mail)"
Subject: The Announcement Last Tuesday
From: "Murray, Matthew D." <MDMurray@gwns.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 07:08:36 -0700
All:

I felt I should mention a few things here. I was the one who made the
announcement during the first heat on the North Course, not Mr. Sipe. He had
just been informed about :30 seconds prior to my announcement. I had been
told about it earlier, at around 9 AM. I went to my car and started
listening to NPR. Once I had some real details, I felt that "we" should know
and went to make the announcement.

I did contemplate waiting, but the rumors were starting to fly about, and I
thought it best to get some accurate information out. This has something to
do with the Forth Estate, etc., even though I'm not a journalist/reporter.
This wasn't just a normal deal. I know Steve and Mari Clements were affected
by the news, and for that I am sorry (and to anyone else). I acted in what I
thought was a proper course. These are extraordinary times, and those were
extraordinary events.

Yes, this Nationals will be an asterisk in the record, just for the simple
fact everyone had just three runs.

We can all look forward to six runs in 2002. I look forward to seeing all
1093 (and then some) in 2002.

Matt Murray
I am cross posting to various lists, since others may have the same
feelings. Please feel free to post to another list if you would like to. All
replies should got to the home domain below and a cc to the respective list
AND here. Thanks.

        mattm@optonline.net <mailto:mattm@optonline.net>

Copyright 2001, Matthew D. Murray.  Permission to reproduce these words
on the list explicitly granted.