Re: 4 runs at Nationals

To: <jac73@daimlerchrysler.com>, <jeff@winchell.com>
Subject: Re: 4 runs at Nationals
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 15:36:44 -0500
Actually, 6 days may be in the future if the event keeps growing as it has.
but it won't be at a 1200 car count. Maybe at a 1500 car count. For one
thing, to supply the extra stewards, chiefs, captains, etc., and even cone
chasers, you need the extra entrants. And if I were to guess:
Tuesday-Sunday. 6 day may become the solution at a time when we are turning
away significant numbers of entrants after we hit the 1250 entry cap.

Of course, we also just proved we can run a 400-car event in a day. It was
ugly, but we got it done and with remarkable and laudable efficiency. Not
what we want to do every year, but it lets us know we might be able to edge
a little beyond a "normal" 300-car event per course per day so that 1250 cap
might rise to 1300 or 1400 in future years. But if I were to guess, not
until we have hit 1250 a time or two and brought off successful events.

--Rocky