Re: Nationals Surface Repair & Rock Removal Fund Proposal

To: <JDMurphy47@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Nationals Surface Repair & Rock Removal Fund Proposal
From: "Alan Pozner" <apozner@ptd.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 08:49:54 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: <JDMurphy47@aol.com>
To: <seb@scca.org>
Cc: <autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2001 9:47 PM

> SEB,
> As I stated in the town hall meeting on Monday of the Solo II Nationals, I
> would like to propose the following:
> The establishment of a dedicated fund ....

1) After seeing the job that MTAA is doing I do not see how a private
contractor could do better

2) $10 per entrant is $12,000 / year. We can assume that the dedicated crew
gets paid $20 / hour each. We can also assume they need equipment and
materials totaling $200 per hour. So a crew of 10 costs $400 /hr. Nationals
lasts 6 running days so thats $2000 day or 5 hours. What could they do in 5
hours that MTAA isn't doing already?

3) The problem is that the surface is breaking up. Fixing it by removing the
loose material is like fixing an oil leak in a British car by putting a rag
underneath it :-) The only way to solve the problem is to repave - the cost
per entrant would then be something like $1000 per year for 10 years.

Regards,
Alan