Re: Lightweight lap belts

To: "Jeff Winchell" <Jeff@Winchell.Com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lightweight lap belts
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 03:20:17 -0600
It begs the question of how much weight can actually be saved with a
"lightweight" belt/harness system, since they do not weigh all that much
anyway?

And why would you want to compromise a primary safety system?

Besides, I've never heard of a "lightweight" belt. I'd suggest 14.2D
primarily exists so that you can replace stock belts with an "alternate
restraint" that is usually a full-race harness or at least a full-race lap
belt. Not because it is lighter, because it is better (no inertia-reel crap
for one thing). 3.3.3F primarily says that if you do, it has to be done
right.

--Rocky