Re: New GT40

To: autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: New GT40
From: TeamZ06@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 13:05:46 EST
> > 500 HP 5.4L twin cam 32 valve with 6 speed

I hope they do a better job with the 5.4 than they did with 4.6.  As an
ex-Ford person, (and have never looked back) I found the 4.6 to be a real
disappointment.  Somehow, 500 hp out of a 5.4L with twin cams sounds like
another torqueless buzz bomb to me.  They don't seem to care much about
making effective suspension designs either.  I also wonder if it will have 5
feet of body hanging outside each end of the wheelbase, another Ford icon.
The real question is who and where will they build it after laying off 22,000
and closing a half dozen plants/model lines this week?

MS