Re: Stock Shock Rules Rewrite

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stock Shock Rules Rewrite
From: "Jim Thompson" <tomsn16@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 17:09:24 -0600
Thanks to Byron for outlining so well the problems created by the current
shock rule.When the input was requested(last year I think) to exclude  triple
and quad adjustable shocks I wrote my first ever letter to the SEB and
suggested that only OEM and off-the-shelf SINGLE adjustables  be allowed in
stock classes because 1. COST 2. AVAILABILITY and 3. multi adjustables are
just TOO FAR from any reasonable definition of"stock". Now,a year or so down
the line, we have ultra expensive custom made shocks ( single and double)
being used by a very few that have the time and money that most don't.I agree
with Byron that this problem will only get bigger if the rule is not amended.