Re: Stock Shock Rules rewrite?

To: adahl@eskimo.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stock Shock Rules rewrite?
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 19:32:30 EST
In a message dated 1/11/02 7:46:38 PM Pacific Standard Time, adahl@eskimo.com
writes:

> To find a solution to the problem we have to stop and think *why* are
> people going to these expensive shocks? Obviously it's to increase the
> roll stiffness of the car when you can't do so by swapping springs as
> you can in SP. A quick look at SP shows that high-zoot double-adjustable
> shocks are far less common there than in stock which suggests a solution:

I'm not convinced that SP, Prep and Mod cars aren't lagging behind Stock
because most of us have already spent a ton on our cars and that the benefits
aren't as obvious.  Ask Frank Stagnaro, Barry Spencer, Vic Sias, etc. about
the high zoot shocks!  I'd bet that there will be about a 5-10% increase in
the number of cars showing up at Nationals with them, in CP alone.  Yes,
Stockers are trying to do something with shocks that the rest of us can do
with springs, but that is not a good reason to take the Stock category
farther away from stock.

Charlie