Contributions BMW

To: Teamdotnet <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Contributions BMW
From: Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 20:09:12 -0500
http://www.bmwusa.com/news_events/news_l.cfm?item_id=2035600172
BMW Group Pledges Aid for Relief Efforts

September 14, 2001 - The BMW Group is committing cash and
products to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund and the
City of New York to assist in relief efforts following Tuesday's
attack on the United States.

BMW will donate $1 million in cash and ten new BMW X5 Sports
Activity Vehicles to the Red Cross for its national relief
efforts. One hundred police motorcycles will be given to the City
of New York to help replace equipment lost in the New York Police
Department motor pool. The total donation is valued at $2.4
million.

In a joint statement, the chief executives of BMW's
manufacturing, sales and marketing, financial services,
technology and design companies said "on behalf of our employees,
dealers, and customers, we hope this donation will assist the
relief effort, honor the memory of those who lost their lives,
and show our appreciation for the freedom and opportunity this
country offers."