Contributions Honda

To: Teamdotnet <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Contributions Honda
From: Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 20:09:39 -0500
http://www.honda.com/hondaresponds.html
Honda and our associates and dealers offer our sincere
condolences and respect to the victims and families involved in
the tragic events of September 11, 2001. We also offer our deep
appreciation and support for the inspiring efforts of the
thousands of American heroes involved in rescue and recovery
during this time of national need.

- The Honda Family of Companies

Together with our associates, Honda is working to support
assistance programs designed to help cope with these devastating
losses.

Direct associate contributions have raised $448,534 from
thousands of Honda associates, contractors and retirees from
every Honda company in North America.

In addition, American Honda Motor Co., Inc., Honda of America
Mfg., Inc. and other sister companies in North America have
contributed a total of $1,100,534, including company matching
funds and direct cash contributions.

These combined efforts total $1,549,068. The bulk of these funds
have been earmarked to the United Way of New York "September 11
Fund," and the American Red Cross.

As an immediate step, Honda donated all-terrain vehicles (ATVs)
to help rescue workers quickly navigate the difficult terrain
around the World Trade Center. These vehicles provide immediate
aid to speed recovery efforts and cleanup in the area. Other
material contributions include water pumps and generators to
assist City of New York Fire Department crews with cleanup and
repair efforts. We remain in touch with New York authorities to
determine their need for additional equipment. Honda had
previously donated commercial generators to the American Red
Cross for use in disaster-relief efforts such as this.

Honda continues to evaluate the most effective and meaningful
ways to address the needs brought about by these tragic events.

To find out how you can help, we invite you to join countless
others and visit www.libertyunites.org, a clearinghouse for
online donations to several relief organizations.