Ft Myers - Sound Control

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ft Myers - Sound Control
From: "ELIZABETH A LYLE" <lxml84a@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 22:49:13 -0500
Last year at the practice event, our BMod car (air-cooled VW with a
Supertrapp) was marginal on sound.  A FVee was asked to leave. A CMod Ford
went to extremes to comply - you should have seen the hardware store
chimney-pipe contraption he came up with and I recall that he still was warned
to fix it next time.  I have the same reservations about a 1,300 mile trip and
wonder how the Pro and Tour Mod cars, and even some SP cars are gonna make
it.

Vern

Jim Murphy wrote:

>Just read the information and was stunned to read of the >sound control of
94db at the site.  This has really  put a big >damper on my wanting to go as I
am not going to travel a >very long distance only to be bounced on sound.  I
am afraid >a lot of other open exhaust cars will either not come or get