Re:Opinions on my project?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Opinions on my project?
From: GSMnow@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 11:33:05 EST
From: ThoughtBoxLabs@aol.com

<< I will be building up a car, and would like to know two things:  how it
will be classed, and if it would be competitive in the class it will fit into.

The car will probably be a 93-95 honda del sol, with a swapped in B18 dohc
vtec engine, fed by a vortech supercharger.  Boost will probably be in the
10-15 psi range.  Koni adjustables, H&R springs, and all the standard intake
and exhaust bolt ons.  I'm guessing it will be heavier than stock.  It will
have a mild stereo upgrade and retain power steering and a/c (this will not
be a race-only car).  Any thoughts? >>

If SM2 becomes a reality, this could be alot of fun. But if you have not
started yet, why not try all the same parts on a Civic?

This way you can run in StreetMod which has full national status now. I
helped build two turboed civics here, and I run an 83 Toyota Celica with a
turbo setup on it. SM has beciome one of our biggest classes locally, pulling
as many as 18 cars to a single event. It is alot of fun running with this
group. The cars are all very different, with different ideas of what can go
fast, and almost all of them are daily drivers.

I agree with the suspension thoughts. Go with a coil over setup with 2.5 inch
springs, then you can try any rate and ride height at will and balance the
corner weights perfectly. On my Celica, I could not believe how far out of
whack the corner weights were. My rear coil overs are set almost 3/4 of an
inch different to balance the weight distribution.

Have fun

Gary M.