RE: FM Transmitters

To: "Autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: FM Transmitters
From: "Bill Fuhrmann" <fuhrmann@cpinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 20:05:55 -0600
> The FCC started a program for "low powered stations."  As of a year ago,
> they had yet to approve any, and it takes a lot of paperwork, from what I
> heard.  So getting permission is unlikely.

The program is very new so I am not surprised that no stations were licensed
a year ago.  I looked at the program on the FCC site when I first saw
information about it.

It is for fixed location transmitters.  If you have several event sites, you
need to license each one separately.

The paperwork required is to show that you have checked for other stations
that the low powered station can interfere with.  The stations have a range
of a number of miles, so interference is quite possible.  If I remember
right, the transmitter requirements are pretty stringent for the same
reason.  You can't just build a kit.

Just doesn't look feasible for occasional use.