Re: Car Movie Trivia

To: Larry Steckel <lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car Movie Trivia
From: Sean Minehart <mr_two_2001@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 05:28:22 -0700 (PDT)
> I know the SR20 engine is a  200+ H.P. turboed, 2.0
> liter, four cylinder,
> Japanese market engine that is the swap of choice
> for the Nissan 240SX.  Is
> there a SR20 engine in the Honda family as well, or
> did they blow this
> detail?

The SR20 is only a Nissan motor.  Although it is a lot
easier to just put an integra motor in a civic, the
SR20DET is a very popular engine to swap in almost any
car.  It is relatively light, and compact and produces
lots of power, very similar to the 3SGTE in the Toyota
MR2 turbo and alltrac Celica.  As a matter of fact, an
increasingly popular engine swap is the SR20DET in a
84-87 Toyota Corolla RWD.  That corrola is probably
700 pounds lighter than a 240sx at ~2300lbs and can
make a killer car.  But again, not very many people
would go through the hassle of putting a Nissan motor
in a Civic when the integra motor drops right in, but
for drag race purposes, the SR20DET is already
designed for turbocharging, and has much more
potential.  I hope you can now sleep at night.

Sean Minehart
Team Underdog Racing
http://health.yahoo.com