Re: Car Movie Trivia

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car Movie Trivia
From: Casey Kobyluk <ckobyluk@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 23:15:08 -0700 (PDT)
I also noticed the bad &#34;double-clutching&#34;
dialog.

How about the way they go so fast that light seems to
bend, but it takes them two minutes to do the quarter
mile.  And waiting until the proper time (late) in a
drag race to hit the nitro.  How about attacking an
eighteen wheeler with three sub-compacts.

Just as &#34;Days of Thunder&#34; was a remake of
&#34;Top Gun,&#34; &#34;The Fast and the Furious&#34;
was a remake of &#34;Point Break.&#34;  But this was a
bad remake with a much stupider ending.

I thought that the driving scenes in &#34;Ronin&#34;
were much better than those in &#34;F and F&#34;.  No
obvious special effects, just cameras pointed at, and
out of real cars going real fast.

--- ThoughtBoxLabs@aol.com wrote:
&gt; At first, I thought there were a couple Nissans
in
&gt; the background for the
&gt; SR20 engines.  But, after looking at the scene
&gt; again, the car with no engine
&gt; is indeed a Civic.  As far as I know, there is no
&gt; such thing as a Honda SR20
&gt; engine.  Looks like this is another blooper,
along
&gt; with &#34;Granny shifting, not
&gt; double-clutching like ya should&#34; during a
DRAG RACE
&gt; scene (isn't double
&gt; clutching for downshifting?)
&gt;