building SP engine

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: building SP engine
From: "Brian Davis" <brian.davis@rose-hulman.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 01:11:04 -0500
14.10.O. Cylinders may be rebored to .0472 in. over standard bore and the
appropriate standard oversize piston may be substituted. Cast or forged,
non-stock pistons of the same dimensions and configuration as original
equipment pistons may be used. Additionally the replacement pistons must be
of the same weight or greater as the original equipment pistons.  The .0472
in. limit is absolute, no additional tolerance is permitted to accommodate
wear.   This allowance does not permit alternative ring configurations.
(3/2002)
My question...I was having trouble interpreting this.  Would I be allowed to
rebore the block somewhere near this limit and use aftermarket pistons of
the stock style (but in the overbore size)?  Or can I only use aftermarket
pistons OR overbore pistons, not both?

Brian Davis
94 Honda del Sol
21 DSP