Re: [evolution-disc.] Diamond wheels?

To: Autox list <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Diamond wheels?
From: Tommy Regan <tommy_regan@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 06:12:28 -0700 (PDT)
--- Knuckledragger <knuckledragger@kcweb.net> wrote:
> Does anyone have any expereince with these wheels in a Solo or road race
> environment?

Eric,

I'm assuming you're referring to the Diamond Racing Wheels?  The affordable
steel (but
lightweight) ones?  If so, there are TONS of people using them successfully in
Solo, but I don't
see them too often in road racing.  Then again, the road racers typically have
deeper pockets
since they can afford to road race in the first place. ;-)

You don't want a safety bead.  You (or your tire mounter) will curse them!
They are intended for
dirt circle trackers who run really, really low pressures and risk pulling the
tire off the bead
of the rim.  With the pressures we run, we don't need them....

Good luck,
Tommy

=====
www.reganracing.com