Re: Helmet Requirement Rumour for 2003 - Fact or Fiction?

To: Randy Walters <randylwalters@earthlink.net>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Helmet Requirement Rumour for 2003 - Fact or Fiction?
From: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 13:56:41 -0400
--On Sunday, August 25, 2002 7:01 AM -0700 Randy Walters
<randylwalters@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Well the salesman there said to get the SA2000 because
> "starting in (or around) January of next year, all autocross events will
>require
> SA-rated helmets."  He asked if this was an SCCA specific ruling, to which
> the salesman replied "ALL autoX events."

I can say that I, as a member of the SEB, have never heard anything about this.
However, you would be well served to write a letter to the SEB asking about it,
which would also likely bring the question before SCCA Risk Management.

The process is described in the front of the rulebook.  If you prefer e-mail to
paper and stamp, then send to seb@scca.org.

Perhaps California has some pending legislation on the topic?  Or perhaps this
salesman is making it up?  It would be good to ask this salesman where he got
this information.

Mark