Re: Hypothetical Question about Wheel Width

To: "Pete Holsberg" <pjh@mccc.edu>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hypothetical Question about Wheel Width
From: "Chris Teague" <cteague@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 20:12:20 -0700
Pete,

In general, the tire sidewall will be stiffer, which
should help turn-in response, and may also increase
the ultimate grip of the tire.  I like to go with the
wider wheels when the rules and fenders allow.
For the street, the effect is the same, but of course
may not be critical in everyday driving.  But they
wider wheels could *feel* better (more responsive
tire).  Just don't go over the maximum wheel
width recommended by the tire manufacture for
a given tire.  That may be 8" for some 225/50-16's.

Chris