Nationals workers

To: "AutoX List" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Nationals workers
From: "Karen Christoff, Ph.D." <pykac@olemiss.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:32:48 -0500
(My second annual plea)

We haven't yet gotten the final entry list, but plan to start making work
assigments as soon as we do, probably this weekend.  So if you have any last
minute requests or want a job you didn't ask for on your entry form, now
would be the time.  Please send your requests directly to me at
honda23@directvinternet.com with a copy to Kim Bollinger at
kkbollinger@hotmail.com as I am certain that not everyone on the team.net
list is interested.

It looks like we will need workers for a couple of Tuesday/Wednesday heats
so if you are a Thursday/Friday driver who will be in Topeka anyway and
would like to get an early look at the courses as well as get your work
assignment out of the way before you have to run, please let us know asap.
We are particularly interested in recruiting from the ranks of CP, CPL, ES,
and/or STS drivers.

And, in case you are wondering why this is a problem with 1152 entrants:
The national office makes the decision about which classes run on each day
very early in the year, based on the data they have at the time and their
best predictions about how many drivers will enter in each class.  Sometimes
they don't split the classes optimally, despite their best estimates.  This
year we have 623 drivers in the Thursday/Friday classes and only 529 in the
Tuesday/Wednesday classes.  This unevenness, coupled with some very large
classes running on Thursday/Friday (cp, with 65 drivers and ES with 55 in
particular) has led to some Tuesday/Thursday heats with fewer available
workers.  Hence this request.  We do not need a huge number of volunteers,
but we do need a few so please let us know if you are willing to work on one
of the short heats.  These are most likely going to be the 4th and 5th
heats, but we won't know for sure until we actually start making
assignments.

We know that Team.Net reaches only a small percentage of those drivers going
to the Solo2 nationals so we would appreciate it if you would forward this
message to any Thursday/Friday drivers who you think might be willing to
work on their off days, particularly those from the classes listed above.

Thanks and we hope to see you in Topeka!

Karen Christoff (and Kim Bollinger)
Your Friendly Solo2 Nationals' Worker Chiftesses