Street / SM Tires

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Street / SM Tires
From: Larry Boardman <1thewebdr@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 19:26:55 -0400
I am planning to replace my summer tires on a 98 Camaro Z-28 and am looking
for feedback.  Since I may want to run this car in Street Modified class, I
want a competitive tire.  From what I have read, I can only find tire
information on Street Touring regarding tires.  That calls for a maximum
width of 225 and a maximum wheel 7" wide.  Since my stock size is 245/50/16
and my stock wheels are 8.5", I am unsure what restrictions apply.  As for
tires, I am thinking about Firestone ZD50 or Dunlop 8000.  I have also
heard good things about Kumho Eksta 712's.  Since I've used Kumho
Victoracers for many years for Autocross and Time Trials, I want to know if
anyone had used the Ekstas in SM and/or the street and what you think of
them.  Many Thanks in advance.

LarryB