Myautoevents Stuff

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Myautoevents Stuff
From: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 12:48:37 -0600
Now that I've extracted my foot from my mouth, I wanted to offer an apology
to Steve Couture.  I didn't mention his name earlier because I thought he
may want to release something on his own schedule.  I honestly did not know
it was his site the first tiem responded.  As I mentioned in an earlier
note, Steve is a very stand up guy.  I trusted him to co-drive my Swift DB-1
and I trust him on this stuff.

I still feel, hoever, much the same about the issues in general.  (The
internet, sadly, had really jaded me...I do not trust it much at all.)
Particularly about the pre-implimentation notice and education.  I know
Steve wanted it kind of quite until is was proven to work, but you all know
we are a bunch of raving-dot-lunatics that will jump on stuff at the drop of
a hat.  Now that this is out, I think it would still be wise to place some
additional information on the site explaining all this to people.  Your just
inviting more volleys by not educating everyone about what's going on.

Finally, addressing an apparent falsehood that was put out there, Steve says
he will NOT sell our data. The wording in his policy is there to preserve
his right to provide it to other entities that are necessary and related to
performing the intended functions.  If he says he will not sell it, I for
one believe him.  I am very glad to hear him say this.  Again, sorry for
speaking up without all the facts Steve.

Steve is, however, banned from driving the Swift again.  That's what happens
when you beat the owner at the National Championships!

Patrick Washburn
C-Tech Trailer Cabinets
Designed for the Racer
Wausau, WI