Forwarded: 1990 CRX Non-si

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded: 1990 CRX Non-si
From: <lists@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 13:34:25 -0700
For some reason this was sent to me rather than autox@autox.team.net.
If your internet access is web-capable, check out

  http://www.team.net/posting.html

mjb.
----

     Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 13:57:40 -0500
     From: marc smith <marcjs1@earthlink.net>
     Subject: 1990 CRX Non-si

Hey folks

Just became new owner of  90 CRX.  according to VIN its not an Si.  Are
these cars good for autocross?  I know i have seen some out there, but
just no sure of the year and engine particulars.

It runs rough will not hold RPM past 3500 so I guess I gotta start the
search.  Any ideas.. fuel injectos clogged, bad computer,
coil/dristributor.  The car was a fire sale special.  I  guess it could
be good for the 2003  challenge.  paid $50 bucks (yes thats right)  No
hatchback glass, front windshield has been used for rock throwing
practice.  It needs a new alternator.  I put a new battery, plugs  and
some fresh gas and it relucatly started. Drove it down the street the
5spd works and shift fine.  no 3rd gear grind.  but I have a wobble on
the front end  i'm thinking bent rim.

Any ideas would be welcome.  BTW I am located in Northern VA

Marc
94 Chevy Impala SS Not stock
90 CRX  (it moves on its own now)